Tercentenary Celebrations in Tanzania
The District Administration proposes the following programs to be organized both at the Community and at the District level. A celebration committee has been constituted comprising of the following members: Bros. Jimmy Kalapurayil, Jim Madavana, Erasmus Marando, Gaudence Fwalo and John Paul Alexander.
Community Level Celebrations:
Monthly recollections on the theme of Montfortian Spirituality:
JANUARY – Montfort and true devotion to Mary
FEBRUARY – Montfort and his love for the poor
MARCH – Montfort, the man who walked with God
APRIL – Montfort, Obedient to the Father
- Popularize Montfort through various events in the School and in the Parishes through various means.
- Competitions to be organized for students of the locality : Traditional Dance, Essay Writing, Football, Volley Ball, etc
- One poor student to be supported by the community for his/her studies
- Community level celebrations on 31st January
- Displaying a few banners in the communities and Schools showing the events of the tercentenaries.