Reading the Gospel we become more aware of the quality of his presence and power in our lives:
- In Christ we are chosen to be dedicated and to be full of love; It is the joy of the Apostle: to love with Christ’s own love.
- Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, is our light and our strength;
- Free and totally available to rush where God beckons to meet the urgency of people’s needs, more particularly through educational activities.
- Live in joy our fidelity to Christ. This Consecrated life is lived in special communion with Him.
- To share intimacy of His heart, Christ invites us to give ourselves to the service of His Father and of people.
- Though He was rich, for our sake, He became poor – a model of Charity.
- He always did His Father’s will – a reason to live in obedience.
- Jesus prayed to His Father in the intimacy of silence; Christ invites us to pray to the Father in the solitude of our hearts and in the communion of Brothers and the Church.
(Adapted from: Rule of Life of The Brothers of St.Gabriel)
Lady of Wisdom, is the principal patroness of our Society.
Montfort insists that all, to the absolute extent possible, must be given to Mary in order to be given to Jesus. Montfort had written a number of books like ‘The True Devotion to Mary’ ‘The Secret of Mary’ ‘The Secret of the Rosary’ etc.
Pope John Paul II in his Encyclical Letter, ‘Redemptoris Mater’ has specifically recommended the Marian Spirituality taught by St. Montfort stating, ‘In this regard, I would like to recall many witnesses and teachers of this spirituality, the figure of St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort, who proposes consecration to Christ through the hands of Mary, as an effective means for Christians to live their Baptismal commitments.’ (RM48)
To understand this spirituality one has to refer to Montfort’s life and writings.